Department of Commerce Invites Achieved Compliance’s Paula Bruening to Present on GDPR and Privacy Shield for US Exporters
Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and EU – U.S. Privacy Shield What U.S. Exporters Need to Know
March 16, 2018
8:30 am – 12:00 pm
New York Institute of Technology
16 West 61st street (off Broadway)
What you need to know:
Do you have customers, clients or employees in Europe? Are you interested in selling to customers in Europe in the future? If the answer to either of these questions is yes, join us and learn about how the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) may impact your business when it comes into force in May 2018. Failure to comply with the GDPR could result in stiff fines as high as 4 percent of your company’s overall revenue.
In 2016, the International Trade Administration of the U.S. Department of Commerce launched the EU- U.S. Privacy Shield Framework to provide U.S. companies with a mechanism to
comply with EU data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the EU to the United States. Over 2,300 companies use this program to transfer data. Privacy Shield can play an integral role in many companies’ overall GDPR compliance strategy.
Isabelle Roccia – Market Access Specialist, U.S. Mission to the European Union, Brussels, Belgium
Michelle Sylvester-Jose – Senior Policy Advisor, Office of Digital Initiatives, ITA/USDOC, Washington, DC
Gerald J. Ferguson – Partner, BakerHostetler, New York, NY
- Find out why Europe is a key market for U.S. Businesses
- Gain in-depth knowledge about GDPR requirements including: Accountability & transparency, Security and privacy by default, Communication with your customers and business partners
- Discover how GDPR can impact your business including: What processes and tools should be put in place, How to start the compliance process, How to turn GDPR into a business advantage
- Learn about the Privacy Shield Program and how to apply: New Requirements under Privacy Shield
- Application and Review Process, Know what to keep an eye on in the future
One-on-one appointments: Participants will have the option of 1-on-1 counseling sessions with our Commerce representatives to discuss GDPR and Privacy Shield after the program.
Questions? call 212-860-6200 or email KL Fredericks <KL.Fredericks@trade.gov>